Saturday, June 13, 2015

8-10 Sentences for #WeWriWa - Grand Master's Pawn #4

Welcome to another Sunday with Weekend Writing Warriors. Here, writers showcase their work with 8-10 sentences.
This week, I’ll continue from Grand Master’s Pawn. Violet has just been selected to be the pawn of one of the Grand Masters. She has hidden her talent of empathy since psychics are banned from becoming pawns.


Violet walked out the exit into a smaller chamber. One pawn was already in the room. She introduced herself as Lira Tong from the planet of Aman-el. Lira was a humanoid alien covered in soft brown fur, her ears were pointed, and her yellow eyes had a vertical slit like a cat’s pupil.
“I can’t believe I was chosen as a pawn,” Lira said, purring happily. “It’s wonderful!”
Violet returned her smile, sensing a kindred spirit in the Aman-ellan. “I feel the same, since I’ve always dreamed of exploring remote planets.”
“We’ll get our instructions from our Grand Masters soon,” Lira said. “I wonder where I’ll go for the first mission.”

Find the previous snippet here:
http://auroraspringernovels.blogspot.com/2015/06/8-10-sentences-for-weekend-writing.html




The ebook is on sale for 99c this weekend: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TP1N5PM

Please return to read the sentences from the other writers at http://www.wewriwa.com
 

17 comments:

  1. Great Eight, Aurora. Your world is populated with interesting citizens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - I love to create weird worlds and characters.

      Delete
  2. I like the way the the woman with cat eyes purrs her delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snippet Aurora, you can feel their excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great description of Lira! Now I want to be her friend. :-) You create the most interesting, original beings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I aim to create weird characters and worlds!

      Delete
  5. Great eight, filled with creative imagery. I also got a good sense of their excitement, but all I can think is, "I bet it will be seriously complicated and won't be as fun as you think." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lira sounds so very sweet. I hope nothing bad hurts her. But Violet though... I both want her to be in trouble and not--I want a good story, after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pawns have combat training - not so sweet in some ways.

      Delete
  7. I keep thinking this all too smooth and happy so far! But I don't want poor Lira to be disappointed (loved the details in her description). Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the world for this story. It intrigues me that Lira is excited to be chosen as a pawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The story moves through several different planets.

      Delete
  9. Great choice for your snippet, Aurora. I'm currently reading this book!

    ReplyDelete